Monday, June 27, 2005

Designer's Journal

Celestial Year Zero:
I've been thinking of using my intelligence to create something entirely different, maybe a universe composed of some spare protons and electrons and mesons. So I crammed them all together and let them explode. Nice effect. Hard to contain, thuogh, everything started expanding and spinning out of control. I'll wait a couple of hundred cosmic seconds, then when things cool down, start rearranging things.

Celestial Year One:
The gassy stuff has cooled into balls of fire and little chunks of something; I'll call it "matter." It's still swirling around, a little hard to contain, but still kind of neat. Just watching the balls of fire is aesthetic, but not very exciting. Need some more drama.

Celestial Year Two:
I got this great idea. Matter that is self-perpetuating and re-creating itself! My friends think I'm loony but I'll show them. Problem is where to try out the idea first, so no one knows in case it's a dud. I've been checking out this obscure little rock in one of those swirling gas rings; it looks pretty comfy. That'll be my lab.

Celestial Year Three:
Thought I'd start off small, so I started zapping the mud on the rock with lightning to see if I could get something going. Mostly came up empty but the lightning is fun to do, and makes a cool noise. Eventually some of the protons and electrons merged together (I like to call them adams) and started moving by themselves. Success! But pretty boring. So I decided to wipe the slate clean. Used some of that molten matter inside the rock to cover it all up.

Celestial Year Four:
I decided the problem was thinking too small. The rock had accumulated some of this blue liquid stuff that was very pretty but mostly for show, so I thought I'd fill it with some of those animated adams and see how they acted with themselves. Success! But they're hard to view under all that liquid stuff. Gotta figure what to do.

Celestial Year Five:
Wow, insight! If I could alter the matter outside the liquid stuff maybe the things underneath would come out and try to exist in that new gassy place. I'll call it "air." And then I can watch the things--I have to come with a better word for them--play with each other.

Celestial Year Six:
Finally thought of something to call the animated adams. How does "life" sound? Pretty catchy. The problem is, the forms just don't last very long. They run around a little, eat each other and then stop and turn into rock again. I'll need to hone that process, it's getting repetitous. But have to get rid of what I did to recalibrate. So I sent some smaller rocks smack into the big one to roil up things. Did a real number on the life, but I have all the time in the universe.

Coming up Next Celestial Week: Bigger and Better

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home