Saturday, March 01, 2008

Only Echoes

I can't believe it. I'm back.

None of my readers will still be here, Terry surely is gone, foresaken me. Phil will be back. Hi, Phil!

It took this long to decipher how to get back onto Blogger after my computer crashed in October. With its replacement I lost the cookie necessary to sign back onto Blogger, and then I couldn't make the blogspot site recognize my password. And I'm a pretty smart guy. Has this been one elongaed blonde moment or am I corrct in assuming that sometimes the web of internet security designb is simply too complex?

Anyhow, this is my first entry since October, and a lot has happened, much of it sad. But no one will hear my plaint because no one will be looking for poor Ric's Bronx Cheers. This will be like the proverbial tree falling in the woods. No one will hear it, there may only be echoes.

The computer failing was one in a series of local calamities that rendered me a lightweight version of Egypt under the Plagues. Everything in my domicile started to putter out. Eventually came the true tragedy, the demise of my dog, which was gut-wrneching, especially as I became just another tormented dog owner who has to put his poor canine out of misery.

Then after I recovered from that--and the convalesence is not over yet--I took on a home renovation project, comical for a Jew, but worthwhile anyway, as I rebuilt my kitchen. I got to discover Home Depot and Lowe's and learn All About Granite. It's been a time.

This is liberating because I can get to exercise my public voice again in the blogosphere, even if I don't have much more to add about the very interesting political climate than one can with a single vote. Unless perchance the Huffington blog could pick me up.

For the record, I voted for Hillary in the Claifornia primary, but admire Obama , at least as a political Superstar, and can accept his greenness over McCain's acrid personality and defense of Iraq. Right now I wish that Hillary lost one or two of the upcoming primaries to help consolidate the party behind Obama. He may not be the best choice, but if he continues to pull in 60 percent of the Democratic vote, there is no question that he should be the candidate. Let the rest of history fall as it will.

1 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

Welcome back, dude! i was afraid you had given up blogging rather than write about the sad demise of the Yankees.

i voted for Edwards, even though he had already dropped out. i lean towards Obama now, but i'll support anyone who can get the GOP out of the White House and Congress.

post a picture of your dog on the blog. pets should always be remembered.

8:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home